I just returned from my annual pilgrimage to the QRCA (Qualitative Research Consultants Association) conference. The event was packed with an amazing array of speakers, workshops, and individual conversations that were insightful and inspirational.
First off, I thought I would share this word cloud of all my notes. It is a good synthesis of some key themes we heard: online, brand, understanding, UX and creativity.
I also wanted to share very briefly, and in random order, the most motivating ideas I heard and their sources:
- Be Fearless: @kristins09
- Act with Confidence: @LaylaUpwords
- Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable: @merrilldubrow
- Embrace the Future: @ShailiBhatt
- Each Brand Deserves its own Model: @SusanSweet
- Be Yourself: @danielberkal
- Find Meaning in Symbols and Cultures: @jeffhecker & @AthenaBrand
- Share Stories Visually: @NancyHardwick
- Simple is Better with UX: @CoryLebson
- Distinguish Insights from Observations: Ken Miller
- Provide an Open Environment to Stimulate Thinking: Chris Kann
- Respect Participants who are Ahead of the Market: @fredericrenaldo
- Be a Giver: @davidrbauer
- Commune with Seals: various weekend adventurers and late-night revelers
Thanks to everyone who dedicated their time and energy to this event. I can’t wait to see what magic happens in New Orleans in 2014.